Ok, where do I start? First, I love Daily Candy Seattle for keeping me in the know. Second, I love the divapreneurial vibe we got going on here in Seattle...Crave, StartUpJunkie, Mac Fashion House, Raw Threads, (my fashion friends) etc. And lastly...Think Green It's Friday!
From Daily Candy I found out about Julep Nail Parlor in the University Village. I love everything that the founder, Jane Park, is about and has built for her salon. She thought of EVERYTHING! And did so in modern, green style. I am so inspired by her business model! This former corporate Starbucky has created the coolest, hippest & most organic nail experience that I have ever come across so far. As a modern gathering place, the Julep concept focuses on sharing your pampering experience. The beautifully designed furniture and lighting are designed to be mobile so your party can gather around and enjoy each other's presence. Don't forget about the fellas. Julep has a special "man"-icure for them too, so they can also join in the party.
Julep makes my stylish green heart sing! Here's why:
- Lotions are paraben free, and use natural and organic ingredients (and they're still trying to do more!).
- Nail vernis colors are gently formulated to be free of formaldehyde, toluene, and dibutyl phthalates.
- Nail vernisseurs have access to health care benefits.
- All employees provide excellent customer service thanks to Jane's "Julep Immersion Program"
- Paper shopping bags are made with 10-30% recycled paper content.
- Purchase 100% energy from windpower.
- Installed LEED (Leadership in energy and environmental design) approved flooring in the parlor.
- Installed a dual flush commode in the restroom (to learn more, visit the Environmental Home Center).
- Used environmentally preferable paint.
- Support the local community through our Corporate Giving Program.
- Donate $1 to The Nature Conservancy on behalf of each guest who brings back her "little orange bag" of disposable implements.
- Gives an inside look into this startup venture with the Julep blog (love it! so inspiring!)
Ok, so I'm booking an appointment right now! Who wants to join me?!